Author: Marnel Catlett
Info: The following steps explains how to generate the API keys required to connect to ConnectWise Sell
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Step 1: Find your Access Key
- To find your Access Key, log into ConnectWise Sell and find your Access Key within the URL.
Please note: When accessing ConnectWise Sell, log in directly to ConnectWise Sell and avoid accessing it through
the CWM Portal.
- Your Access Key includes your subdomain followed by an underscore and the word "azure" e.g. accesskey=subdomain_azure
- Keep this information handy for a later step.
Step 2: Create API Keys
API keys are used for authentication with the API. Authentication with a username and password is no longer allowed. To create your API Keys follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Now click on the Organization Setup tab
- Find 'API Keys'
- Now click on the 'Add' button on the top right of the screen
- Enter a description to help you identify your API key.
- Click Generate Key.
- Save the public and private keys in a text file. The private key cannot be retrieved later. Click OK when you are finished generating these.
Step 3: Send the information to us.
- Your Access Key (from step 1)
- API - Public and private keys
- Please send this information to email@example.com.
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org